A selection of Hadrosaur teeth

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, a selection of Hadrosaur teeth I'm interested in. Seller is uncertain of species on most, so any thoughts appreciated.

1 - From Judith River formation. 0.3 inch

2 - Judith river. 0.6 inch. Seems same species as 1?

3 - Judith river. 0.7 inch  This one, it doesn't too clearly but seller says the tooth has denticles on the rim of the crown resembling Gryposaurus, but says Gryposaurus isn't from this formation yet.  This one interests me most.

4 - Lance Formation. 0.8 inch. This one, seller is confident to be edmontosaurus.

Many thanks

Screenshot_20200614-234820_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-235151_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-235305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200614-235526_Chrome.jpg

All hadrosaur teeth from Lance and Hell Creek Fm belong to Edmontosaurus annectens.  There are multiple Hadrosaurs in the Judith River and assigning isolated teeth is much more problematic and are best described as indeterminate Hadrosaurids

• I found this Informative 2

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

All hadrosaur teeth from Lance and Hell Creek Fm belong to Edmontosaurus annectens.  There are multiple Hadrosaurs in the Judith River and assigning isolated teeth is much more problematic and are best described as indeterminate Hadrosaurids

Cheers. Is it safe to assume that teeth specifically described as a certain species is just the seller attaching a name?

Like, I see teeth from Judith River sold elsewhere as Brachylophosaurus and Kritosaurus. So, they would be better labelled as just hadrosaurids.

Thanks for the help.

I'll inquire about postage for a selection of these teeth. I don't have a larger Edmontosaurus tooth yet, and the yellowish Judith River tooth is a nice unusual colour.

Its very difficult to assign a genus to Campanian hadrosaur teeth.  A few have characteristics like denticles that can be assigned to specific hadro but my guess is that most sellers are just flinging names so they can call it something.

• I found this Informative 1

@Troodon

I remember on your Judith River collection post you noted that Gryposaurus could be identified by the denticles, but otherwise it is impossible to distinguish teeth without defining traits like those.

Troodon's Gryposaurus

post-10935-0-12894400-1445360505_thumb.jpg

My unidentified hadrosaur

IMG_3645.thumb.JPG.dcc8287b6a773183807d98bda978f9df.JPG

• I found this Informative 1