Fossil hunting in Virginia/West Virginia/North Carolina

the_abyss_blinked

I hope this is the right place. I am hoping to find some spots in these areas. I'd prefer Carboniferous as opposed to Devonian, or Miocene/Eocene. Would any of you know any spots? Maybe road cuts, or abandoned quarries those sorts of places? I'd be willing to pay for access if need be. If you don't feel comfortable outing it, please PM me. Thank you!

I have never been, but I have read about sites to collect Pennsylvanian plant material in West Virginia, specifically near Marlinton, Wheeling and Bethany. Perhaps someone who has been to these sites more recently can speak up. You can also do some research on this page and on the Internet to see if you can find more information about them. Good luck!

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

12 hours ago, historianmichael said:

I have never been, but I have read about sites to collect Pennsylvanian plant material in West Virginia, specifically near Marlinton, Wheeling and Bethany. Perhaps someone who has been to these sites more recently can speak up. You can also do some research on this page and on the Internet to see if you can find more information about them. Good luck!

I appreciate the leads and look forward to more responses. The internet only lists Devonian sites. I'll keep an eye out on searches here.