Hell Creek to Green River trip

hadrosauridae

Were you able to keep all the material you recovered at paleoprospectors? I had been under the impression that they were very restrictive in what they allowed out. 

Awesome find, glad you had a successful trip! 

54 minutes ago, Warbreaker said:

Were you able to keep all the material you recovered at paleoprospectors? I had been under the impression that they were very restrictive in what they allowed out. 

Awesome find, glad you had a successful trip! 

I dont hunt with paleoprospectors. I go through PaleoAdventures.  And no, you can not keep "all" material.  There are 3 classifications.  Common material such as bone fragments, teeth from trike, edmont, croc and more that you are allowed to keep everything you dig.  Anything of scientific value such as articulated skeletal remains, skulls, bones with predation evidence, etc are only allowed to go to museums or other public repositories for research.  Things that are "common" but valuable are considered commercial grade, including t-rex teeth, complete but isolated bones, verts, etc are available to be purchased but he gives you a good deal to buy your own finds compared to the price he sells them for from his shop.

• I found this Informative 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

What a road trip! You just knocked two locations off of my bucket list in a single go! :default_faint:
Congrats on the awesome finds. Any of your posted pics would have been trip makers for me!

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, FossilNerd said:

What a road trip! You just knocked two locations off of my bucket list in a single go! :default_faint:
Congrats on the awesome finds. Any of your posted pics would have been trip makers for me!

Thanks.  This hobby <obsession> has really grown for me over the years.  Since I was a little kid I have always wanted to visit every rock shop for fossils when we traveled.  Then on this trip I came to a realization; I have better stuff than some of the shops now!  

• I found this Informative 2

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

8 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

Thanks.  This hobby <obsession> has really grown for me over the years.  Since I was a little kid I have always wanted to visit every rock shop for fossils when we traveled.  Then on this trip I came to a realization; I have better stuff than some of the shops now!  

Fossils are definitely an obsession! I’m still in the wanting to stop at every rock shop phase. I have a few nice pieces, but I still drool over the shop inventory every chance I get! :drool:

I’ll get there one day. I want to be just like you when I grow up! :D  :P

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

Fossils are definitely an obsession! I’m still in the wanting to stop at every rock shop phase. I have a few nice pieces, but I still drool over the shop inventory every chance I get! :drool:

I’ll get there one day. I want to be just like you when I grow up! :D  :P

Hahaha

That mammal jaw might be a marsupial.  It would have been great to get it with just a tooth or two but that one is fantastic.