Dinosaur tooth from China

Crazyhen

This tooth is from Beipiu, Liaoning.  Any idea which dinosaur is it?  And how about its condition?

3A15D5AC-9AB5-45A3-B66B-EE01925FE809.jpeg

42F6785B-B3BC-4FDD-9946-C85A1AC46C5C.jpeg

What formation is it from? Preservation is very poor with little or no serrations visible.  Size? do you have a photo of base? 

• I found this Informative 1

28 minutes ago, Troodon said:

What formation is it from? Preservation is very poor with little or no serrations visible.  Size? do you have a photo of base? 

It’s from the lower Cretaceous.  Tooth is about 5-6cm.

0E834259-9997-409B-9312-4A9A195EFC9F.png

Thanks for info but age info is not helpful.  Need formation and confidence its accurate because Liaoning province can be varied with multiple age deposits.    Most likely a dentary tooth of a indet Tyrannosauroid.  

• I found this Informative 3

6 hours ago, Troodon said:

Thanks for info but age info is not helpful.  Need formation and confidence its accurate because Liaoning province can be varied with multiple age deposits.    Most likely a dentary tooth of a indet Tyrannosauroid.  

Got the information just now.  It is said to be from Jianshangou Bed of the Yixian Formation in West Liaoning, China.

I'll let you decide if the provenance provided is trustworthy and not obtained through the internet.  Yutyrannus is a Tyrannosauroid that has been described from those beds and would fit the size of your tooth.  Other large theropod might exist that have yet to be discovered or described so its not a guarantee that its Yutyrannus.

• I found this Informative 2