butchndad

Big brook Park (not Preserve)

butchndad

following Big Brook upstream beyond the Preserve and beyond Boundary Road brings you into Big Brook Park.

are you allowed to collect in the Park and if so has it been successful?

thanks

Jeffrey P

I've heard the property owner just west of the Boundary Road bridge is hostile to collectors on his property. 

butchndad
11 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

I've heard the property owner just west of the Boundary Road bridge is hostile to collectors on his property. 

Thanks for the response Jeffrey

from what i can see on a map, the Brook seems to run along the Big Brook Park on one side.

So even if the property owner is hostile shouldn't one be able to "hunt" along the Park side or is it prohibited in the Park (or am i misreading the map)?
thank you

Jeffrey P

From what I've heard he'll give you a hard time if he sees you in the stream in front of his property. 

butchndad

good to know, thanks

FossilizedJello

LOL i seriously passed by this same guy again for the 2nd time in 3 years. The guy is a real piece of work. As far as I know the stream is part of the park/preserve and he only owns up to a certain amount of feet past the brook to his house. But he will give you a hard time. I would head east instead and go down river.

non-remanié

There's a survey marker in the streambed which implies that his property does extend past the stream.  I have always heard that the local authorities were on his side when he complains about collectors and there used to be official Marlboro signs up saying no collecting in the vicinity of his property.  I avoid that area to not cause any friction no matter what the reality of the situation is. 

butchndad

So i guess that Boundary Rd really is the boundary

thank you

will be back in there this friday and can't wait!

butchndad

how about parking on Boundary Rd?