Prehistoric Road Trip shameless plug... tonight

jpc

Hi all...  

A friendly shameless plug to invite you folks to tune in to PBS here in the states (and maybe Canada) this evening for the second installment of Prehistoric Road Trip.   Check your local listings.

https://www.pbs.org/show/prehistoric-road-trip/

I will doing the Happy Fossil Dance (it is in the previews) with the Tate Museum's rex, named Lee Rex.  (My dance moves are better than Lee's, but not as good as host Emily's).  Pickles the dog is sitting this one out, which is good, because her ego was out of control after last week's show.   

For those not in the USA, the show will be available for viewing (in Enbglish) after it airs. On the same link, but for a limited time only.  

• I found this Informative 17

I’ll be looking out for you!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

2 hours ago, jpc said:

For those not in the USA, the show will be available for viewing (in English) after it airs. On the same link, but for a limited time only.  

I hope my memory serves me well.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I’m all over it JP! Really enjoyed the first episode. I plan to watch it live, but have the DVR set, just in case I get side tracked. ;) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Even better than the first show!!!! Worth watching if anyone gets a chance.

It was a delight to watch.  Great job, JP!

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thank you very much. A great program with very good production values I loved animated illustrations, especially the Charles R Knight’s painting  . lee Rex Is very cool too.  A must see program for our members very fun.  
all the best Bobby   

Definitely worth the watch. Was really fun and informative.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

My DVR caught a re-run of it and I am watching it now.  Its good to put a face to your moniker @jpc!  This episode is making me want to scream.  Seeing so many bones weathered out on the reservation and walked away from is maddening.

Its a great show.  I like that they actually go into some great detail on things and dont just gloss over technical aspects.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

• 1 year later...

:heartylaugh: :Smiling:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

twas a lot of fun doing this show.  Every time I see it I only think of the weather.  Note the winter coats... this was June 21st, the first day of summer.  I say this after shoveling a foot of wet snow this morning.    

• Enjoyed 1

11 hours ago, jpc said:

twas a lot of fun doing this show.  Every time I see it I only think of the weather.  Note the winter coats... this was June 21st, the first day of summer.  I say this after shoveling a foot of wet snow this morning.    

Was Emily as cool as everyone says ? I worked in the same building as she did yet never ran into her .

12 hours ago, Joe_17 said:

Was Emily as cool as everyone says ? I worked in the same building as she did yet never ran into her .

absolutely!  She is a gem.  She is very good at getting folks into relaxed mode in front of the camera.  It was 45 degrees on the day we filmed and she did not complain at all.  It was all part of the fun for her.  

• Enjoyed 1