Mini slab with macro fossils, maybe?

Bradley Flynn

Bradley Flynn

I have this little slap I polished a awhile ago, it has some really interesting critters on it. Even a micro jaw bone with teeth maybe? Has many interesting things on it, I have just taken pictures of a few. Green arrows point out the "jaw" and a few other things. The "jaw" is the biggest at a whopping 40mm. 

IMG_20200626_185305.jpg

IMG_20200626_184229.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

I see fragments of brachiopod shell and some crinoid stem columnals. 

Interesting piece, I'd be peeking at it for hours with my loupe and microscope. :)

• I found this Informative 3

Solitary coral at the bottom in the first photo.

• I found this Informative 2
Bradley Flynn

Nice! Thank!was wondering if I could expose these fossils a little more without damaging them and possibly exposing some hidden macros? 

Bradley Flynn

Anybody know if the second and fourth close ups are pictures of a possible jaw bone? Fourth close up has a disc with a hole and two serrated edges running parallel to each other, Ancient Aliens or what?  pic below. 

On 26/06/2020 at 10:27 PM, Bradley Flynn said:

Anybody know if the second and fourth close ups are pictures of a possible jaw bone? Fourth close up has a disc with a hole and two serrated edges running parallel to each other, Ancient Aliens or what?  pic below. 

It's a cross section through a crinoid stem. This sort of thing - if worn a bit obliquely across the surface so as to go right through one of the discs on each side, the radial grooves will produce a straight row in section (red line).

5ef72358c90c9_Screenshot2020-06-27at11_43_16.thumb.png.a44e732ef0c8e2b9c78bcca188ccae5c.png

Edited by TqB
  • I found this Informative 2