kristinkirk

Hoping this is a big a_ _ Coprolite??! (and NOT a darn rock. LOL!)

Approximate Measurements: Length 6 ½” x Width across fattest end is 3” (with a 7 ½” girth wrapped around) and 1 ½” across smallest end (w/ a 4 ½” girth). Weight is 610 grams.

(Dang it.  Have a pic of the backside as well as the opposite end tip, but, they aren't uploading for some reason?)

Coprolite? topside.jpeg

Coprolite? fat end.jpeg

If not a coprolite, possibly a burrow.

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 hours ago, kristinkirk said:

Dang it.  Have a pic of the backside as well as the opposite end tip, but, they aren't uploading for some reason?)

There is a limit to how much data can be uploaded at once (3.95MB). You can try a few tricks. Resize the pics, reply to your topic with additional pictures, or sometimes just refreshing your browser will let you upload more. Hope this helps! :) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

It is really hard to tell for sure. With SC coprolites, there is a 50-50 chance they are sticky when wet. Care to try the lick test? :P Just touch it to the tip of your tongue to see if it sticks. If it sticks, your definitely have a coprolite. If not, best I can say is maybe. It has the right shape, and coprolites are found in SC rivers. If it doesn't stick, you could try cleaning off some of the schmutz to see if there are any visible inclusions. However, there wouldn't be any if it is from a croc. You could also try scraping away a little bit of the outer surface to see if the interior is a homogeneous, tannish color.