Psittacosaurus Skeleton

kirkjeremiah23

It appears to be a quality specimen with little restoration judging from the photos posted at the sales listing.

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Very difficult to make a proper assesment with these non HD photos.  You only have one view of the skull and distant photos of the bones.   

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very difficult to make a proper assesment with these non HD photos.  You only have one view of the skull and distant photos of the bones.   

As I mentioned above ... there are hi-res images posted at the actual sales listing.

image.thumb.png.f8b24bc86a279a344f08c20cb6a186aa.png

image.thumb.png.7f71990e43efef0e9a153c64b3fd3166.png

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Per our guidelines, please refrain from commentary about any sellers. 

Thank you.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I looked at the sellers listing and came away with the following thoughts.

This skeleton is a good representation of a Psittacosaurus if thats what you are looking for it offers a nice display if mounted.  

The photos make difficult to assess completeness, restoration (sellers indicates some) and how much of a composite it which is typical of most that are sold.   Its missing some bones, the ones I can guess at include the entire rib cage, sternal plates, astragalus, calcaneum, both pubis, metacarpal IV digit and I think the chevrons.   Like I indicated before we only have a photo of one side of the skull which is a key element in this skeleton.  You should at a minimum see all 5 sides for what you will pay for this item.  Along with the potential of composite bones being present in the appendicular skeleton, skulls are typically composited in this type of assemblage.  Finally no provenance was provided other than Asia possibly because of the legality of selling dinosaur material from China and Mongolia..  Hope that helps.  

• I found this Informative 7
  • I Agree 1