FF7_Yuffie

I'd quite like to add a new theropod tooth to my collection. I saw these three for sale, just wondering if they are Nano/theropod as described and not, say, raptor teeth.

Thanks

Pictures 1 - 3 is 0.56 inch.  This has a more oval base, does this mean it's not nano? Because aren't there  teeth more rectangular with an indented middle?

Pictures 4 and 5 is 0.47 inch -- No pictures of base for this one.

Pictures 6 and 7 is 1.06 inch long, but has a repaired tip and is in matrix.

Any help will be great. If they check out, I will select one of these. If not, I'll have a browse for some others.

nano 1 again2.jpg

nano1 again.jpg

nano1.jpg

nano 2 again.jpg

Nano 2.jpg

3rd nano.jpg

3rd nano2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Do you have a locality where these were found?

Oops, sorry, forgot to include.

All are from Hell Creek, Powder River County, Montana.

#1 is a indet tyrannosaurid 

#2 is a indet theropod

#3 is probably Trex but its inclusive since its only a partial tooth

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Troodon said:

#1 is a indet tyrannosaurid 

#2 is a indet theropod

#3 is probably Trex but its inclusive since its only a partial tooth

Nice, cheers.

Are Nano & Rex the only tyrannosaurs from Hell Creek, or is there some other species that number 1 could be. The list of Hell Creek dinosaurs I'm looking at shows just those two, so number 1 would be Nano or Rex? In fact, just saw that the  Wikipedia page for Nano now redirects to T-Rex. Is that now pretty much confirmed that they're the same?

Only those two.  Looks like Trex but the base is worn and no view of the other side.  There are clearly two morphologies that fauna having held over 1000 teeth.  Wiki reflects the view of some. You form your own opinion.  

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/93287-the-case-for-nanotyrannus/&tab=comments#comment-1027939

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Only those two.  Looks like Trex but the base is worn and no view of the other side.  There are clearly two morphologies that fauna having held over 1000 teeth.  Wiki reflects the view of some. You form your own opinion.  

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/93287-the-case-for-nanotyrannus/&tab=comments#comment-1027939

Nice, I'll have a read through when I get home. The T-Rex/Nano and Aublysodon being a juvenile Tyrannosaur debate has always interested me.

Last article I read about it was this one. https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/1/eaax6250

I'll order tooth 1 or 3 later. Thanks for the help.

Aublysodon is not a juvenile anything its not a valid taxon.   Premaxillary teeth without serrations are found in all North American Campanian and Maastrichtian deposits.  Tooth taxons are a thing of the past and have led to much confusion and misinformation by sellers who do not keep current.

23 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Aublysodon is not a juvenile anything its not a valid taxon.   Premaxillary teeth without serrations are found in all North American Campanian and Maastrichtian deposits.  Tooth taxons are a thing of the past and have led to much confusion and misinformation by sellers who do not keep current.

Interesting, I was misinformed on that. Cheers.

I ordered tooth 3 --- figured for the price, get the probable Rex, even if it is a repaired partial. Thanks for the help with the ID.

What is the thing I circled? All three are nice teeth!

23DC2398-A1CC-4F18-812F-957597E6B132.jpeg