WANTED: Stethacanthus tooth from Oklahoma

Jesuslover340

Well, I have just found out that a prehistoric shark I have always been fascinated with can actually be found in my home state! Unfortunately....I no longer live there! I would love to get my hands on one just to bridge this nostalgia with a piece from home and am happy to work out a trade or the like as necessary. So if anyone has a Stethacanthus shark tooth from Oklahoma and they are interested in trading, please message me! I unfortunately have hardly anything in the way of fossil shark material, but I might have something else that could be of interest. If there's any other obscure shark teeth from Oklahoma I don't know of (besides Barbclabornia and Orthacanthus), I'd be interested to learn more on them as well :) Always learning new things!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

I've got a Xenacanthus texensis tooth from Oklahoma I wouldn't mind parting with, but that's probably not close enough to what you're looking for... If that sounds interesting to you nonetheless let me know :) 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

On 02/07/2020 at 7:42 AM, Max-fossils said:

I've got a Xenacanthus texensis tooth from Oklahoma I wouldn't mind parting with, but that's probably not close enough to what you're looking for... If that sounds interesting to you nonetheless let me know :) 

Unfortunately not-I do have this species, though I think it's now called Orthacanthus texensis from the Waurika site. :)

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

On 7/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, Jesuslover340 said:

Unfortunately not-I do have this species, though I think it's now called Orthacanthus texensis from the Waurika site. :)

Ah seems like you're correct, I'll update my label. Thanks! (And yes it is from the Waurika site :))

Sorry I'm not of any help to you though, I hope someone offers you one very soon!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils