What Calymene Species Are These?

Sinosauropteryx prima

Hello again everyone. These are two of my favorite fossils, both Calymene spp. The first one was owned by my teacher for his biology classroom until he agreed to sell it to me because I had grown to love it. Unfortunately, as you can see, its cephalon is very damaged so that makes it more difficult to tell what it is. I know that it's definitely a Calymene, but I'm wondering which species, if possible to tell. In my own personal research, I found that I believed he most closely resembled a Calymene tristani? but I am very much an amateur and am not sure on that. If anyone could give me some more input despite his relatively poor condition, I'd appreciate it.

This second one I purchased online, and was sold as a Calymene sp. from Morocco. It is quite a bit smaller than the first one and its body appears more compressed, for lack of a better word?, which leads me to believe it's a different species. It is also significantly better preserved. Is this Moroccan species simply unnamed, or is there a more specific name out there that I'm unable to find?

Thanks in advance, everyone :-)

IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8301.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_8308.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

A picture of the pygidium of each is needed for ID. I believe these are either flexicalymene ouzregui or colpocoryphe.

'Calymene' tristani is not a valid species, the correct name combination is: Neseuretus tristani

The older literature reported five species of 'Calymene' from the Lower Devonian of Morocco, but those have been reassigned to Gravicalymene.

Flexicalymene is the most common calymenid from the Ordovician of Morocco, but there are others.  Colpocoryphe has smooth pygidial flanks.

There are two species of Flexicalymene reported from Morocco: F. ouzregui & F. tazarinensis Destombes 1966

image.png.2ba75bb97753fe0da9b870a809729cc2.png

Colpocoryphe grandis figure from:

Destombes, J. 1966

Quelques Calymenina (Trilobitae) de l'Ordovicien Moyen et Supérieur de l'Anti-Atlas (Maroc).

[Some Calymenina (Trilobita) from the Middle and Upper Ordovician of the Anti-Atlas (Morocco).]

Notes et Mémoires du Service Géologique du Maroc, 188:33-52

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

15 minutes ago, Huntonia said:

A picture of the pygidium of each is needed for ID. I believe these are either flexicalymene ouzregui or colpocoryphe.

Wow, I definitely see the similarity with the one from my teacher! Here are their pygidia. 

IMG_8313.JPG