Kane’s Trilobite Drawings

DPS Ammonite

See an article about Kane’s trilobite drawings on Paleonet.org, The Trilobite Papers Twenty-Two, August 2019, page 14. What an artist! Photo of one of Kane’s best drawings from article.
http://paleonet.org/TTP/TTP22.pdf

7071B2FD-8981-4E2C-9D3A-E9A20A440CA6.jpeg

Edited by DPS Ammonite
  • I found this Informative 14

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Thanks, John. :) I've been distracted as of late with digs, research and prep, so this is a good reminder to get back to the pencils and continue the improvement journey. :dinothumb: I have an Arctinurus to detail sitting at my dining room table. I should say @piranha already did me an honour by listing this in his currently 73-year span of trilo papers thread:default_faint:

• I found this Informative 10

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Outstanding work Kane! You absolutely, have great talent!:thumbsu:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Great work @Kane! We all knew your drawings had come a long way and were quality work. This proves it! 

I see that Kermit also made it into the paper. That made me smile! :) @Ludwigia

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thank you, gents. :) 

I think Kermit is one of my favourites in Roger's excellent collection. It does remind me that it makes me sad that he won't be making the visit this year as he is one of my favourite field comrades and I wanted to show him a few new spots. And I'm sure Deb wanted to make something special on the new BBQ for our post-trip feast. 

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Hmmm...perhaps you need to draw the Levi slab........

Would love to. I need to make the trip there to snap some photos while Deb swims in your pool. :D 

On 5.7.2020 at 3:19 PM, FossilNerd said:

Great work @Kane! We all knew your drawings had come a long way and were quality work. This proves it! 

I see that Kermit also made it into the paper. That made me smile! :) @Ludwigia

Thanks for drawing my attention to this thread. I was just away for 3 days with no internet access, so I my have missed it otherwise.

20 hours ago, Kane said:

Thank you, gents. :) 

I think Kermit is one of my favourites in Roger's excellent collection. It does remind me that it makes me sad that he won't be making the visit this year as he is one of my favourite field comrades and I wanted to show him a few new spots. And I'm sure Deb wanted to make something special on the new BBQ for our post-trip feast. 

It also makes me sad. I sure do miss you guys. Let's just hope that next year is virus free.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/