GPayton

Found on the Brazos River just west of Richmond, Texas. My best guess is Equus sp. judging by how flat it is, but any confirmations or other suggestions are welcome. Unfortunately the occlusal surface is extremely worn down, so identification may be difficult. If anyone knows exactly what tooth it is (such as location in the mouth) that would be very helpful too. Thanks for looking! 

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_E0394.jpg

Can you try to get a more detailed picture of the occlusal surface with better lighting?

Here's a much brighter picture of the occlusal surface. Like I said, it's extremely worn down, almost completely smooth. Thanks again for the help! 

IMG_E0430.jpg

I don't think it's horse.  Senile horse teeth retain a boxy outline.  I think your find may be a pig or peccary tooth.  Both are very hard on teeth, grubbing as they do for roots and other edibles.  Just my guess.

horseteethsenile.JPG

peccary_mylohyus.JPG

pig_sus_scrofa_m2_m3.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Thanks again, Harry! Did the same species as the domestic pig that we have today exist in North America during the Pleistocene? Since my tooth seems to match Sus scrofa the best, I was just wondering if it's even possible for it to still be a fossil.

Sus scrofa, the domestic pig, was introduced to North America (Florida) in the 1600s.  It cannot, by convention, be a fossil. 

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest