From The Same Draw

grampa dino

Everyone needs a friend like mine, from the same draw as the sea poop

here are some trilobugs Nanillaeus sp. Ordovician Carp Ont. & a feeding trail

post-310-12608175155322_thumb.jpg post-310-12608175986395_thumb.jpg

post-310-12608176660104_thumb.jpg post-310-12608177557281_thumb.jpg

Some of us love that sea stuff Grampa, keep posting. Your trilobite is not Nanillaenus, but looks more like a Triarthrus (T. spinosus) I believe

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I am also in agreement with Northern Sharks that the trilobite cranidia is Triarthrus similar to those found at Bowmanville ON in the Collingwood Shale. Did you find the trilos in a quarry at Carp ON, or by the road side at Carp ON? Enjoyed your postings. PL

post-2446-12608196297267_thumb.jpg

Edited by pleecan

Can someone explain the feeding trail to me? I've never heard of them before, are they associated with bugs?

Can someone explain the feeding trail to me? I've never heard of them before, are they associated with bugs?

An ichno like that which terminates with a trilobite is the holy grail of bug hunters!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Your trilobite is not Nanillaenus, but looks more like a Triarthrus (T. spinosus) I believe

yep, It is Triarthus' cephalon.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Some of us love that sea stuff Grampa, keep posting. Your trilobite is not Nanillaenus, but looks more like a Triarthrus (T. spinosus) I believe

That is possible, I only know when the animals name ends in "osaurs"

What about Triceratops???? :P

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Like your bug there Grampa.;)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I found out the name is Triarthrus eatoni

I found out the name is Triarthrus eatoni

That great Grampa Dino.... Checked my Trilobites of Ontario Book Part 1 and I Agree.. that is the more correct descriptor :) . Keep posting Canadian Trilo pic neat to look at... PL

There looks to be a spine coming from the middle of the cephalon, which is why I suggested Triarthrus spinosus. T.eatoni doesn't have such a spine

There looks to be a spine coming from the middle of the cephalon, which is why I suggested Triarthrus spinosus. T.eatoni doesn't have such a spine

You got good eyes Kevin! The stuff collected at Bowmanville has no spine thus Triarthrus eatoni. PL

Edited by pleecan

I took a brake from Dino collecting and just started on collecting bugs

I'm a little slow on the name thing, I some times forget my own name (beer)

thanks for the help.

This forum is a fun place to learn about fossils and if we get a few names wrong... that is okay too as I am sure readers will point it out and correct it and we all learn as a result. PL (newbie)