PrehistoricWonders

Possibly from an Ornithopod like Thescelosaurus but its so poorly preserved all the definition is missing from centrum.

Thanks!!! is there a way to get the matrix off without damaging the rest of it?

the only feasible way to remove that remaining matrix is with air abrasion, and you are going to lose fossil surface in the process too.  That peice is far too worn to make it "pretty".  I would coat it with a consolidate and call it good.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

5 minutes ago, hadrosauridae said:

the only feasible way to remove that remaining matrix is with air abrasion, and you are going to lose fossil surface in the process too.  That peice is far too warn to make it "pretty".  I would coat it with a consolidate and call it good.

Do you think it’s the same with this one? What should I use to get the big lump off?

31E7E640-AF23-4550-8521-394DAC9B9A5E.jpeg

16F30FF8-EBF3-47A7-B879-ACD9DF31178D.jpeg

34EB610E-E8A5-4F42-A4A2-24FC8D2779C0.jpeg

7E7DE821-8BBF-46F7-8430-ACF347C06C55.jpeg

41F6009D-A31C-4F22-86E1-09D564BD6234.jpeg

D20D3186-2F1B-4BF8-AAE1-9F4400E6BBA5.jpeg

F259DBD1-3C82-4A63-9ECB-1928A871B533.jpeg

9ABC5669-9F8F-4C7B-940F-09E855009450.jpeg

9291741A-263C-43DF-9263-8A9C7BD486F8.jpeg

Have no idea what you have in those last photos.  On your first vert is that matrix around it or just poor preservation.   Try taking pictures without fingers.

48 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Have no idea what you have in those last photos.  On your first vert is that matrix around it or just poor preservation.   Try taking pictures without fingers.

in a little bit I can. The last thing I’m almost positive is a vert. I just don’t know what kind, and don’t know what the round thing on the is it is or get it off.

38 minutes ago, Troodon said:

No idea maybe hadro or ceratopsian 

Do know of any way to get the bump off without destroying the vert, it’s hard as rock!

These ironstone concretions on Lance Fm bones are impossible to remove without taking bone with them.  They grow into the bones and the bone below is not well preserved.  I tend to leave them on.  

As for ID on the firt vert, I think Troodon us correct again.  

1 hour ago, jpc said:

These ironstone concretions on Lance Fm bones are impossible to remove without taking bone with them.  They grow into the bones and the bone below is not well preserved.  I tend to leave them on.  

As for ID on the firt vert, I think Troodon us correct again.  

Ok, how much bone?

Ok:unsure: that’s so frustrating! There is no possible way without basically destroying it either way?