Graptolite help Please

Kamoa

Hello

Found some I believe to be Graptolites and would like to be able to ID them better in the field. Is there a guide available or even a good book anyone might recommend for this. Attached pictures are what I think are graptolites but would like to verify. Surface finds

Thank you all for the help

Tom

20200708_113542.jpg

Why do you think graptolite? I'm not sure I see fossils in any of these. What is the geological setting?

• I found this Informative 1

Hello 

Complete newbie here, I was inquiring about the markings on these items and if they were or were not Graptolites. Geological setting would be shallow marine.

Thank you

Tom

I don't think any of them are graptolites.  I'm not sure some of those rocks are even sedimentary.

• I found this Informative 1

I don't see any fossils here.  :( 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm not seeing Graptolites or any fossils. The rocks seem to be a mix of worn Igneous, Metamorphic and with a couple sedimentary. A good place to start fossil hunting is in bedrocks. I have seen AZ fossils collected by residents and they are nice and they are out there. Join up with a club, group or a friend, who will go out with you. 

21 hours ago, Kamoa said:

Thank you fossilcrazy and everyone for the help.

Tom

Have you Googled 'graptolites'? If not, do so and check out the images. There is a regularity to graptolites that is unmistakeable.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!