Is this real or man made

Lducharme842

could you post other angles of the object? 

Looks interesting although I am leaning towards glass on this one

• I found this Informative 1

aquarium glass

• I found this Informative 3

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

16 minutes ago, Misha said:

could you post other angles of the object? 

Looks interesting although I am leaning towards glass on this one

Here's another one 

20200709_213253.jpg

5 minutes ago, Misha said:

Yes, this is definitely glass

It looks alot like slat glass should I be worried about the metals in it. Its my daughters

7 minutes ago, Lducharme842 said:

It looks alot like slat glass should I be worried about the metals in it. Its my daughters

I wouldn't worry. If it is slag glass it generally shouldn't have any metals in it, the term just refers to the fact that these are unusable chunks this is not the same thing as slag that comes from the melting of metal ores.

Many people collect slag glass and from what I have seen it seems safe for handling.

I have seen rock shops selling slag glass, what we call cullet or culls. Generally it is what is left in the furnace when a glass factory cleans out to change color or repair a cracked furnace. Often it was provided by Fenton, which is another collectible glass no longer made. I was told they sold their rejects to marble factories. 

6 hours ago, Bob Saunders said:

I have seen rock shops selling slag glass, what we call cullet or culls. Generally it is what is left in the furnace when a glass factory cleans out to change color or repair a cracked furnace. Often it was provided by Fenton, which is another collectible glass no longer made. I was told they sold their rejects to marble factories. 

Thank you for the info.