Basement recovery part 2 Reptile Replicas?

Resist_Hoarding

Part 2 of my Fathers basement I have 2 crocodile skulls and one turtle. I believe they are Replicas? but the teeth on the crocodile are Fossils? once again I believe these are out of Morocco in the 70s or 80s? Thank you 

20200708_120316.jpg

20200708_120324.jpg

20200708_120333.jpg

20200708_120759.jpg

20200708_120803.jpg

20200708_120816.jpg

20200708_121018.jpg

20200708_121024.jpg

20200708_121031.jpg

Please keep in mind, per our guidelines, we do not allow valuations or sales references (outside of the Sales forum).  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

JohnJ

Sorry if the wording was poor. I am just trying to understand what I have.

No problem.  Help should arrive soon.  You might upload some closeups that reveal surface texture.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Whether they are Real, Composites or Fakes; I think they are excellent collectibles.

The first one looks mostly real. It might have some slight tampering but I'm not seeing anything major. Only the matrix around it looks a little suspect around the back of the skull.

The second one looks horrible. Definitely a composite of croc and mosasaur parts. It looks like 10% of a croc skull was added on to, to make a "complete" skull. Only they used a bunch of random bone pieces as well as mosasaur teeth. If I had this I would carefully prep away the random stuff and see if there's any original material in it to see what's salvageable. But as is it's a horrid monstrosity imo.

The third one could go either way. The carapace and skull look real enough. But there is a darker area around the skull so I don't think the skull originally belongs to the carapace. But overall it looks okay.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

hi

the first 3 pictures are crocodile dyrosaurus its ypresian not too bad and real, the second picture

the pictures 4 to 6 is just a monster fake nothing real

the pictures 7 to 9 is turtle plastron and skull, the skull is perhaps repositioned on matrix , look couche 1 ypresian. not too bad and real.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time for the responses! One more quick possible silly question? when you say "real" you're refuring to the skull being a "real" copy of an original fossil and not an actual "real" fossil? 

When I say real, I mean real fossil. A copy or cast is something different.

The nr. 1 and 3 are at least mostly authentic. Nr. 2 is made from some real fossil material. But it's a composite made from random pieces. So nr. 2 is fake in the sense that it is not actually a skull. It's a sculpture made from real bone fragments and real teeth.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite