Neithia Texana or ???

Planko

Hi everyone. Decided to hunt somewhere other than NSR this time. Not a bad 2 hours. Man that Texas sun is crazy right now. Any-who, 6 ammonites , several clams, a few oysters and the below. 

Is it a Neithia Texana, Pectan or ?? Beat up a bit but I am happy with it. 

5f0a16990d53d_Neithia-3.thumb.jpg.db3435b4ae8a09a3255dc28f0faec8c6.jpg5f0a1698566ca_Neithia-2.thumb.jpg.992e20e7491f606741e283f67e781063.jpg5f0a1697a2580_Neithia-1.thumb.jpg.2ab8a7fb4bfecb7b4e71192e39720729.jpg5f0a16970533c_Neithia-4.thumb.jpg.9fff7ecd43baf7a32c071ff58d79b262.jpg

That's a Neithea all right.  I'll find my book in a minute and see if we can get which species for you.

Very nice specimen with the two valves still attached! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Looks like Neithea texana may be right.  Unfortunately its missing the ears to help with the ID, but that seems right.  If you know what formation it came out of, that can help to.  Some Neithea expert may be along soon, with a more definitive opinion.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Planko said:

Man that Texas sun is crazy right now.

It is very hot in NSR right now. I got dizzy after hour in the river.  Felt like 110 in the afternoon even in the shade.

Wow...my bad. It came from the Elm Fork of the Trinity River. North Texas. Sorry I missed putting that in. 

Although I have the fossil addiction I might have to hibernate for the rest of the summer. Give me time to clean up what I have. Unless someone knows of a decent ammonite spot in north Tx. I will brave the heat for that. Just do the 5am to 8am shuffle.