Keichousarus hui authentication

Feelgood

Hi my wife recently found this fossil at goodwill it’s says what it is on the back just need help to determine if it’s real or not. It’s about 26 centimeters long. 

AFEF7729-277A-4D64-8E01-1DC650F658E5.jpeg

02A9800F-7753-40FE-9053-0267BDAD0C63.jpeg

0F360150-5F73-49F9-907F-A5BF460D1ED9.jpeg

F963E0CD-5C11-48D5-A652-A488F2311693.jpeg

4E4794F4-150F-498B-B0AD-18B1E6E5F177.jpeg

Edited by Feelgood

Considering it doesn’t have any sort of shoulder or pelvic bones, I’m going with fake. :P

• I found this Informative 4

1 minute ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Considering it doesn’t have any sort of shoulder or pelvic bones, I’m going with fake. :P

Oh :DOH:

Something struck me as wrong about those joints. Can't believe I didn't notice. Yeah the matrix around the keich looks lighter as well. I'm gon a go with fake on this one as well.

• I found this Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Huntonia said:

Oh :DOH:

Something struck me as wrong about those joints. Can't believe I didn't notice. Yeah the matrix around the keich looks lighter as well. I'm gon a go with fake on this one as well.

The matrix on the front looks as if it’s been painted with a wet wash. The whole piece is very fishy. :zzzzscratchchin:

I thought this looked familiar, I guess I have seen these on some of the popular auction sites. You can find all sorts of them listed at many fine establishments as both replicas and “real” and in many different poses.  Sometimes they actually have pelvic and shoulder bones, but often times not. Probably those that look at dinosaur fossils online often have seen these, that’s not my thing so it was unfamiliar to me. Very interesting. My wife thought it was neat looking and wants me to find one at Goodwill!!  :fingerscrossed:

Darn still looks cool though! Thanks everyone cheers!

Edited by Feelgood