Hi all,

awhile ago I saw shark river had a sewer leaking into the stream and I was wondering if anyone has been there lately or could tell me if it’s open, there hasn’t been anything in the news about it since September and I’ve wanted to go there for a long time.

TIA.

I have not been there in a few years. I would give it a try to see if it is open; it usually is despite other issues. Note that as soon as the rangers there spot you with a shovel and a sifter they will politely tell you it's not allowed. The best option is to bring a small sifter and a shovel less than 2 ft in length (like an army trowel) that you can store in a backpack. This is your best bet. Shark River is a tough place to collect at. Good luck.

: )

5 minutes ago, Trevor said:

I have not been there in a few years. I would give it a try to see if it is open; it usually is despite other issues. Note that as soon as the rangers there spot you with a shovel and a sifter they will politely tell you it's not allowed. The best option is to bring a small sifter and a shovel less than 2 ft in length (like an army trowel) that you can store in a backpack. This is your best bet. Shark River is a tough place to collect at. Good luck.

Thanks, I was more wondering if it was open, because last year there was sewer leakages and it was closed, has that changed or is there still sewer leakage, that was more what I meant.

I am sorry but I cant help with that. I have only been there once, many years ago. But I am heading to Big Brook. Hoping for some fun.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

The best option is to bring a small sifter and a shovel less than 2 ft in length (like an army trowel) that you can store in a backpack. This is your best bet. Shark River is a tough place to collect at. Good luck.

@Trevor 

Is this allowed in that area?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Just now, JohnJ said:

@Trevor 

Is this allowed in that area?

Collecting is allowed. Any form of destructive collecting, as in digging in the wall or with a large spade, is not permitted.

• I found this Informative 1

: )

11 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Collecting is allowed. Any form of destructive collecting, as in digging in the wall or with a large spade, is not permitted.

Thanks.  

There is a older discussion Here that suggests collecting in the area is more complex.  I would recommend checking with the local authorities.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ