Heartbreaker huntoniatonia

RandyB

As found, both Leon Theissen and I thought it looked perfect...

IMG_0502.thumb.jpg.73cc1690043474ccd4d8c67718eda87e.jpg IMG_0505.thumb.jpg.17130df3ed355307ae54a52924ac62b6.jpg

What started out promising,

alas was not to be. Tail spine - check, thorax points - check, caphalon - MIA

IMG_0531.thumb.jpg.de74363bd6ff480bd1c6384c5a29f93f.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Understandable. Not sure how you feel about it but if you can find one the right size it's probably possible to composite a cephalon into the piece.

i probably have one, I brought home a lot of material from Theissen quarry including many huntonia pieces, but it would bug me. Hopefully there is a complete one in the pile so I won't have to think about it

@RandyB are you positive that it is not tucked way under. Some of the trilos from my area appear to be headless but the heads are sometimes tucked under to the point they are flattened. Just saying.

• I found this Informative 4

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I will look further, but the hole at the neck is deeper than it looks in the photo and I'm not seeing any signs.  Initially had the same thought. 

So sad, that is a beautiful bug (if it hurts too much to look at I could hide it in my collection ;) ). But as @Darktooth said, I too have trilos with the head folded completely under. Looked headless until some matrix popped off under it.