A couple of visitors from Holland

Ludwigia

41 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

I also can't figure out what this one might be. It looks like a Choffatia from the front, but what throws me is the channel between the ribs on the keel. Normally they run continuously from one side to the other, as they normally do with Homeoplanulites as well. Maybe it's an anomally or maybe there is a species I don't know about which has this structure on the inner whorls before the ribs come together later. By the way, the Callovian bivalve is a nicely preserved Chlamys textoria. Anyway, Marcel, it looks like you did very well at that site! And you did a good job at prepping them as well.

yes, the Chlamys was a nice surprise ! About the ID, sure the channel between the ribs was apparent compared to the rest of them. Preservation was also different, a lot more delicate.....

23 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Everhardus It just occurred to me that it may be a Parachoffatia, which is a subgenus of Homeoplanulites.

So i guess Schlegelmilch is my source for ID-ing this ? 

21 minutes ago, taj said:

Nice haul and nice prepping ,Marcel, you have been busy for sure !

Yep Thierry, you got that right !

• 1 month later...

This weekend i finally finished this one from the Aalenien site. The ammonite was found by Roger, broken in 2 pieces and i needed to do a minor repair where some of the outer whorl was missing. This matrix is hard as hell and filled with shell remains which sometimes lay on top of the fossil which are not at all easy to abrade. But i think it has been worth the effort, i’m more than happy with this one. It’s about 9 cm, so a nice display piece !

326C715C-E8FA-49ED-8D6A-5708E52758BB.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

7 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Everhardus Nice to see you finally got them done. They do require a lot of patience and finesse, but they're always worth it in the end.

I totally agree !

• 3 weeks later...

A tiny ammo with shell preservation from the Aubachtal. Matrix very similar from the Sheffheu site so i'm guessing Aalenian as well....

IMG_5858.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

Nice little gems there. The Aubach find is indeed Aalenian: Ancolioceras (formerly Staufenia) opalinoides. The echinoid is a Pygomalus ovalis. Well preserved for this site.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Roger, do you have a specimen of Pygomalus ovalis well preserved ? I am interested in seeing a pic because I don't know this species. On the sea urchin I can see a trivium, I suppose it has a bivium too. I would have thought of Collyrites...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

4 hours ago, Coco said:

Roger, do you have a specimen of Pygomalus ovalis well preserved ? I am interested in seeing a pic because I don't know this species. On the sea urchin I can see a trivium, I suppose it has a bivium too. I would have thought of Collyrites...

Coco

E86a.jpg.e477bfae2a2ed2ce2c267a3dddd29285.jpg

E86b.jpg.ceeb3b399899509b93556bb044d5e7c2.jpg

That's the best I have.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks Roger. What is/are the differentce(s) with Collyrites ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg