A couple of visitors from Holland

Ludwigia

9 hours ago, Everhardus said:

Brings me to the question what is actually exposed at Aubachtal, i’ve found Aalenian and Sinemurian as we are discovering. What about the Toarcian / Pliensbachian ? 

Yes, Pliensbachian and Toarcian are also there high up in the cliffs and only with great difficulty to access in the lower part of the Aubach canyon. I've not been there all that often, so I don't know my way aroung there very well, but I do know that the Hettangian and Sinemurian layers by the waterfall near Mundelfingen at the upper end of the path lie 150 meters higher than the ones at the entrance by Aselfingen, so there is a tectonic vertical displacement somewhere in between, although it's exact location has not been pinpointed to date.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

We were in the lower part of the canyon. The cliffs are indeed very high and steep so one is more or less dependent of rocks that have fallen down. Summer might not be the best time to collect there, i can imagine that after the winter there's more fresh blocks to be found........

53 minutes ago, Everhardus said:

We were in the lower part of the canyon. The cliffs are indeed very high and steep so one is more or less dependent of rocks that have fallen down. Summer might not be the best time to collect there, i can imagine that after the winter there's more fresh blocks to be found........

I've been thinking now that maybe I'll get down there for a peek once the weather warms up a bit.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

On 7/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, Everhardus said:

On one of the last days of our Southern Germany trip Roger agreed to show me a site at the Danube valley. First we met at his house for a cup of coffee and ofcourse i wanted to see his collection and check his workshop. I sort of knew what to expect and sure enough,  what a collection !!

1.JPG

2.JPG

On 7/23/2020 at 10:51 PM, Everhardus said:

Ammonites everywhere.....

3.JPG

That's gorgeous !:trilosurprise:

• Thank You 1

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

This looks like a Ctenostréon bivalve to me. Sadly it is partly pretty worn......Found at a ground dumping site near Gosheim with a lot of Jurassic material. Finds were a bit dissapointing, apart from 2 of these bivalves there was one decent size imprint of ammonite and one partial (pretty big) belemnite. Lovely scenery though !

267593113_ctenostreon(Gosheim).JPG