Carcharodontosaurid Tooth Position

Carcharodontosaurus

I have had this carcharodontosaurid tooth from the Kem Kem Beds of Morocco since Christmas 2011 and it is still among my most prized fossils. I took a photo of the cross section today and noticed that it's a rather fat tooth.

There are other old pictures of it in my Gallery but does anyone know what tooth position such a fat Carch tooth could be? Premax, maxilla, dentary? The tooth is 7 centimeters long. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200715_140905.jpg

Here is another picture of the tooth. File was too big to include in the original post.

IMG_20200715_140918.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Can you include the other photos of the tooth or send the link to the gallery? Thanks. 

Just now, Praefectus said:

Can you include the other photos of the tooth or send the link to the gallery? Thanks. 

Here is the third and last picture I took today.

IMG_20200715_140959.jpg

Here is a picture of the back of the tooth. The tooth is obviously incomplete but I think this shows where the bend in the serrations would have been.

IMG_20200715_165924.jpg

Not much is published on Carcharodontosaurid dentitions but that cross-section is typically a characteristic of a anterior dentary tooth.  Its still a bit compressed so a Anterio-Lateral tooth.   So I would go with that for now.

• I found this Informative 1

On 15/07/2020 at 11:23 PM, Troodon said:

Not much is published on Carcharodontosaurid dentitions but that cross-section is typically a characteristic of a anterior dentary tooth.  Its still a bit compressed so a Anterio-Lateral tooth.   So I would go with that for now.

Thank you.