Unknown Ordovician Fossils

TheCanadian

Hey

I am currently going through and reorganizing my collection when I came across these that have no Id information, I was wondering if I could get some help with these fossils. The first was sent to me by a friend in Montreal, QC,  and was collected on the south shore. Other than that, no information came with it. I think its an endocast from a snail shell. The second and third I collected personally, and they are from the Hull formation in Ottawa,  ON. The second is a brachiopod, but I don't know the species. Finally, the third is also from the same site, and is about 2 cm long. When I first recorded it I labeled it as a split snail shell, but I'm questioning that now.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

DSC00062.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

Very nice. :) 

I think the brachiopod may be Rhynchotrema sp., but let me tap our resident brachiophile @Tidgy's Dad to confirm.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Yup, Kane is correct. 

That's Rhynchotrema increbescens, I'm fairly certain. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I think the first is a steinkern/endocast of a gastropod, and the third is a cross-section of one. I'm not an expert, so wait for others to confirm or dispute.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

I think the first and third must be odd (worn combination of columnal and lumen cast) sectioning of crinoid stems. 

Notice the angular nature of the lighter inner shape (lumen cast) in the last shot.

26 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I think the first and third must be odd (worn combination of columnal and lumen cast) sectioning of crinoid stems. 

Notice the angular nature of the lighter inner shape (lumen cast) in the last shot.

I see and agree.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!