Paleome

3 looks like Squalicorax to me. Where were these found? Could you please post closeup photos of each tooth, perhaps front and back, for a better chance at an ID?

#2 looks like Carcharodon hastalis to me, and #1 and #4 Carcharodon sp. (possibly hastalis or planus). I think #5 is an angel shark, perhaps Squatina californica based on Fossil Guy’s page for Sharktooth Hill: https://www.fossilguy.com/sites/sharktooth-hill/index.htm. I’d wait for more definitive replies from others though!

#1, 2, and 4 are Carcharodon hastalis

#3 is Squalicorax pristodontus

#5 is Squatina lericheii

#6 is Negaprion sp. (I believe eurybathrodon is the Miocene species, but I don't remember)

1594869983577-499511547.thumb.jpg.75647f91b62e67da8cb28b6de5ecb607.jpg

3 hours ago, BellamyBlake said:

3 looks like Squalicorax to me. Where were these found? Could you please post closeup photos of each tooth, perhaps front and back, for a better chance at an ID?

Location is listed in the tags for this post:  Sharktooth Hill, near Bakersfield, CA.  Looks like bthemoose and Praefectus have identified these.  I can't get any closer shots of them with the equipment I have right now.  Here are the backsides of them.  Thanks for looking...

1594870095896802462452.jpg

3 hours ago, bthemoose said:

#2 looks like Carcharodon hastalis to me, and #1 and #4 Carcharodon sp. (possibly hastalis or planus). I think #5 is an angel shark, perhaps Squatina californica based on Fossil Guy’s page for Sharktooth Hill: https://www.fossilguy.com/sites/sharktooth-hill/index.htm. I’d wait for more definitive replies from others though!

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Praefectus said:

#1, 2, and 4 are Carcharodon hastalis

#3 is Squalicorax pristodontus

#5 is Squatina lericheii

#6 is Negaprion sp. (I believe eurybathrodon is the Miocene species, but I don't remember)

Thank you! I really appreciate your ID's.