Identification help

Coleridgefan

I found this on the banks of the Trinity River in the DFW area of Texas. I spoke with an archaeologist online who guessed it to be bison or bovine of some kind.  He guessed that it was considerably old because he could see mineralization in the photo I showed him. All I can tell is that it is  a thoracic vertebra, approximately 3 1/2 in by 4 in in size. I cannot tell if it is fossilized or just a bone nor can I tell if the color is due to age or sediment discoloration. Would love to know what anyone thinks and if they could point me in the direction websites that might have answers. Thanks! 

Honestly I believe the only way to say that a bone is mineralized from a photo is if you see minerals filling void spaces in the bone. I don't see that. I see a bone that is stained, which tells little or nothing about the age.

I also found similar vertebra at a local creek in Dallas county. This was found in the Pleistocene gravel layer.   Trinity river flows through Pleistocene layer so that is probably an ancient bison specie.  Not sure which specie, but mine were Steppe Bison. 

mammal8.JPG

Also thoracic vertebra on mine didn't have that round holes on the side, but latter ancient bison specie seems to have one.