Real Deltadromeus bone?

I saw this specimen for sale 

seller labeled it as Deltadromeus sp.

limb & rib bone

Kem Kem Basin ,South Taouz, Baharija Firmation

would love to here your opinion on these specimen identification .

thx.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

66.jpg

They are just unknown bones nothing diagnostic to say who belongs to them.  Most probably Croc.

Baharija Formation is not a Morocco unit its Egyptian. 

• I found this Informative 3

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

They are just unknown bones nothing diagnostic to say who belongs to them.  Most probably Croc.

thank for the reply . 

Mostly unidentifiable bones. Likely rib pieces. Only the bone density could give you a clue as to whether these belong to dinosaur or croc. Croc tends to have more dense bone. But then so does Spinosaurus.

• I found this Informative 5

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

On 7/19/2020 at 1:11 AM, LordTrilobite said:

Only the bone density could give you a clue as to whether these belong to dinosaur or croc. Croc tends to have more dense bone. But then so does Spinosaurus.

To expand on @LordTrilobite's answer, the reason for this difference in bone-density has to do with an animal's (semi-)aquatic life-style. Many secondarily aquatic animals develop higher bone-densities to help achieve neutral buoyancy, as do animals that spend significant amounts of time in the water (i.e. they don't need to expend energy to prevent themselves either sinking or floating to the surface). This condition is formally known as pachyosteosclerosis ("pachy" meaning "thick", "osteon" meaning "bone" and "sklerós" meaning "hard"; all from Greek), sometimes - especially in older literature - referred to as pachyostosis (sensu latu). Bones exhibiting this condition are therefore known as pachyostic, and are typically a good indicator for an animal having an aquatic life-style.

• I found this Informative 2

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

On 7/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, Troodon said:

Even so, based on the adhering matrix, I'd say that the information provided on the locality seems correct. That is, Kem Kem, South Taouz. The formation is definitely incorrect, however, and should likely be either Gara Sbaa or, the somewhat older, Douira (see this article for more details).

• I found this Informative 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett