Real Halisaurus Arambourgi Premaxillary nose bone ?

yet again ..this is a fossil that i am interesting to buy but need some opinion about identification.

Information 

Specimen name : Halisaurus Arambourgi Premaxillary nose bone with tooth.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

It does look to be the premaxilla of a mosasaur. It looks a bit lumpy. Maybe it has a weird pathology? Halisaurus tends to have a more slender snout though.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

8 hours ago, Titan said:

thank for information !

5 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

It does look to be the premaxilla of a mosasaur. It looks a bit lumpy. Maybe it has a weird pathology? Halisaurus tends to have a more slender snout though.

thank for your opinion . i have no idea what halisaurus mosasaur premax should look like but i try to search for a compare of other Halisaurus premax in google and find out that this bone look a bit different from the others so i posted here to see you guy 's opinion !

On 7/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, Guns said:

thank for information !

thank for your opinion . i have no idea what halisaurus mosasaur premax should look like but i try to search for a compare of other Halisaurus premax in google and find out that this bone look a bit different from the others so i posted here to see you guy 's opinion !

Here's one from my collection for reference. Halisaurus arambourgi
  • I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, LordTrilobite said:
Here's one from my collection for reference.

thx for sharing , hmmm.. the one i posted really does look different from your Halisaurus 3d and the others as well. i am a bit suspicious right now LOL

hi

its a pluridens walkeri, nasal bone, so its halisaurus walkeri premaxillary. for the moment nobody studied this specie on moroccans phosphates...

• I found this Informative 4

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

On 7/20/2020 at 2:54 PM, jnoun11 said:

hi

its a pluridens walkeri, nasal bone, so its halisaurus walkeri premaxillary. for the moment nobody studied this specie on moroccans phosphates...

thank you!

On 7/20/2020 at 1:54 AM, jnoun11 said:

hi

Bonjour jnoun...

I know English is not your native language, but in your statement here you call it two different bones AND two different animals.  Is it a nasal or a premax?  (It is a premax).  Is it Halisaurus or Pluridens?  Or is there a "not"missing?   Thanks for clarifying.  

hi jpc

its was pluridens walkeri too a new studie and now its considered : halisaurus walkeri, but...

pluridens walkeri was found in niger and the specimen is a lower jaw with no tooth, in morocco we find complete skeletons or skull but nobody until today make studie about this incredible mosasaur, its the only one with 28 tooth on a dentary...

more informations here

• I found this Informative 2

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Yeah, Halisaurus walkeri and Pluridens walkeri is the same animal. Just a different name. As Jnoun says, it's not entirely clear if the animal belongs in the Halisaurus genus.

If it truly is Halisaurus walkeri that'd be pretty special. It's definitely a premaxilary (part of the rostrum), but threw me off as it indeed does not look like Halisaurus arambourgi... And as to real or fake: obviously real. Cool fossil!

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Just for sake of reference to anybody visiting this thread looking to either see what a H. arambourgi premaxilla looks like or compare it against H. walkeri, here are some images of H. arambourgi premaxilla:

Halisaurus_arambourgi_premaxilla_two_teeth_02.thumb.jpg.9fdd17b3d90a18ad1144a77c84026396.jpgHalisaurus_arambourgi_premaxilla_two_teeth_01.thumb.jpg.91af9b20454c199cc204611d36f0c375.jpg

Halisaurus_arambourgi_premaxilla_02.thumb.jpg.b1f11b34785faf2c7916f0e21406b9b4.jpg

Halisaurus_arambourgi_premaxilla_01.thumb.jpg.e6fe3125a656fcd9a08322b8ec289ffa.jpgHalisaurus_arambourgi_premaxilla_04.thumb.jpg.e2d9fb7d4fcc2053bceb1db357941959.jpg

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett