A Small Collection of (mostly) Dinosaur Teeth

Allosaurus

I have a couple riker boxes of a few dinosaur teeth. Nothing super high quality; I enjoy a variety of teeth and was on a budget so I never looked for the highest quality of teeth to buy. I'm happy with a nice representative sample of the animal. I've moved away from buying many specimens now as I'd rather go out and find my own at some point, but I bought these years ago and I'm very happy with the diversity they represent. Plus as I teach geology, they are great teaching specimens for the kids to. 

First up is my collection of Cretaceous North American teeth from Hell Creek, Lance, and Judith River Formations. Most are dinosaurs, though there are a couple other fauna represented here to. Probably one of my favorite teeth from this box is the acid etched raptor tooth. Though I do really like the JR tyrannosaur tooth as well (I watched that one sell for more than I could hope to purchase, but it was returned as it splintered during shipping. So I bought it as a short prep project for cheap. I never filled in the cracks as I prefer most things unrestored). 

2020-07-19-12-49-13.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

This is a fun collection of specimens from Morocco. Of course I'm missing a Carcharadontosaurus tooth (some day when I can afford one :drool:), but it's a nice sample of dinosaur and reptile teeth. Plus that spino tooth in the upper right was my very first dino tooth I ever owned (a gift when I was a kid), so it has a special place in my collection. 

I have another box of teeth I've personally collected, but I'll share photos of it tomorrow along with a couple larger teeth that don't easily fit in these boxes. 

2020-07-19-12-48-46.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Lovely collection and well displayed. I'll send you a pm abour carcharodontasaurus teeth later -- I know a seller who has some very affordable ones.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks everyone. Variety is definitely my goal in my collection. I enjoy ecology and having a diverse image of the (in this case charismatic megafauna) fauna represented is a lot of fun. 

Up next is my tooth from Sarcosuchus out of Niger. These next couple of teeth are just a little too big for my rikers, so they stand alone. 

2020-07-20-19-23-15.jpg

2020-07-20-19-23-35.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

These two are a larger spinosaurus tooth from Morocco and a partially rooted trike tooth from Hell Creek, MT. 

I was going to include the last box of mine with teeth I've found, but I'm still working on getting everything in there and making labels, so I'll wait until it is finished for now.

2020-07-20-19-22-50.jpg

2020-07-20-19-22-33.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

You have a good variety of teeth. Nice presentation

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 9:27 PM, Allosaurus said:

Thanks everyone. Variety is definitely my goal in my collection. I enjoy ecology and having a diverse image of the (in this case charismatic megafauna) fauna represented is a lot of fun. 

Up next is my tooth from Sarcosuchus out of Niger. These next couple of teeth are just a little too big for my rikers, so they stand alone. 

2020-07-20-19-23-15.jpg

2020-07-20-19-23-35.jpg

Are you sure this is a Sarcosuchus tooth? It looks like a Suchomimus tooth to me.

9 hours ago, Runner64 said:

Are you sure this is a Sarcosuchus tooth? It looks like a Suchomimus tooth to me.

To be honest, not in the slightest. It was sold to me as Sarcosuchus, but I lack the knowledge right now to confirm or deny such a claim. I believe the locality is correct, but I couldn't say for sure about the identification.

24 minutes ago, Allosaurus said:

To be honest, not in the slightest. It was sold to me as Sarcosuchus, but I lack the knowledge right now to confirm or deny such a claim. I believe the locality is correct, but I couldn't say for sure about the identification.

Yes I’m 100% confident this is a Suchomimus, and a very nice one too. There’s serrations running along the mesial edge. Also, there’s ridges running along the crown and appears to be labiolingually compressed. All of which are characteristic of Suchomimus. Super nice tooth and even better you found it labeled as Sarcosuchus!

• I found this Informative 2

On 9/14/2020 at 6:48 AM, Runner64 said:

Yes I’m 100% confident this is a Suchomimus, and a very nice one too. There’s serrations running along the mesial edge. Also, there’s ridges running along the crown and appears to be labiolingually compressed. All of which are characteristic of Suchomimus. Super nice tooth and even better you found it labeled as Sarcosuchus!

Wow! That's amazing! I really need to read up more about that formation. I never considered having a Suchomimus tooth in my collection, so this is just awesome.