Is this anything? Looks to me like plant fossils.

Hawk2

Actually found this rock on my hike here today in Montana. To me, it looks as if there might be some kind of plants/leaves or something in the rock but really not sure! Won’t be disappointed if it’s nothing but mineralization in the rock thank you for the help 

12A3789B-818E-43D2-8676-DE11B1308B48.jpeg

To me it looks like a conglomerate; those are other rock fragments within the rock.  Maybe I'm not looking closely enough, but I don't see any obvious fossils in there.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks! To me looks like plants but now I see that if it were plants they would have the plant veins since I’ve never seen that in a rock

The broken clasts may indicate a high energy deposition. Perhaps a volcanic lahar ?

Yep, breccia. There should be some sort of evidence of veining if they were leaves.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Breccia (sharp clasts) or Conglomerate for me and those rounded clasts may be something other than just pebbles. Some have a similar shape. Since it's just a rock I'd give it a wack and take a closer look at the inclusions.

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Is this anything? Looks to me like plant fossils.