Where can I find Deinosuchus teeth?

Spooky24

Specifically on the east coast if possible, but west coast suggestions are welcome too.

I've found videos of them being discovered such as the one bellow and I know which states they're in, but no specific location is given.

Any and all help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Spooky24

Not many people are usually willing to give out their fossil spots.  :unsure: 

If anyone would like to answer via PM, that would be the way to go about this. 

Thanks. 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Several hundred people visit the Forum daily, including unregistered guests.  Many are just looking for hints about collecting sites.  Anyone disclosing specifics about a site where fossils such as Deinosuchus teeth may possibly be found is pretty much ensuring that the site will be destroyed within a short time.  

Don

• I found this Informative 4

The best way to do it is to do some research... find out what rock units they have been found in, find out where those are exposed, find out who owns the land, ask permission... go find stuff.  There is a lot of work involved in finding fossil sites.  This is why the folks in the video don't even mention what river they are on.

• I found this Informative 2

On 7/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, FossilDAWG said:

Several hundred people visit the Forum daily, including unregistered guests.  Many are just looking for hints about collecting sites.  Anyone disclosing specifics about a site where fossils such as Deinosuchus teeth may possibly be found is pretty much ensuring that the site will be destroyed within a short time.  

Don

Hi Don,

Yeah, at least one site has already been hit hard and I heard it's becoming unsafe.  I wasn't given even a general locality but someone doing enough research can figure it out.

Jess