DatFossilBoy

Does anyone know Swiss fossil sites?

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys, 

A bit of an unusual post: I’m looking to go hunting in Switzerland since I often stay there but I don’t know any fossil sites.

I’m looking for vertebrate sites in Switzerland (like shark teeth) and fossil sites around my area (Valais).

If any member knows some sites and have experience , please share, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help and kind regards.

jpc

I have been trying to find vertebrate sites in CH via the internet and published papers but have not had much luck.  A cousin of mine in the Jura once showed me some shark teeth he found but couldn't remember where he found them.  The Quarry at Frick has a scrap pile that is open to collecting and you just might find a dinosaur bone, but mostly it is inverts.  Monte San Giorgio is NOT open to collecting.  And I know nothing about the Valais, although another cousin lives there.  

DatFossilBoy
9 hours ago, jpc said:

I have been trying to find vertebrate sites in CH via the internet and published papers but have not had much luck.  A cousin of mine in the Jura once showed me some shark teeth he found but couldn't remember where he found them.  The Quarry at Frick has a scrap pile that is open to collecting and you just might find a dinosaur bone, but mostly it is inverts.  Monte San Giorgio is NOT open to collecting.  And I know nothing about the Valais, although another cousin lives there.  

Thank you for your help