Is This A Shark Tooth Calcified In Something, Or Just A Rock?

HeidiQueen

I was at the beach during low tide when I went in the shallow water and was looking for various stones when I came across this object. I’m not sure if it is a shark tooth encased in a rock of some sort, or just a rock? I think it is only a rock but the contours of this object could signal that a fossil is inside. Does anyone know what this could be? Thank you everyone. 

759C6E26-66EA-4733-B232-3C00256E69FE.jpeg

318BBD9F-1453-4123-956D-9C3456624631.jpeg

This is not a fossil, but a weathered stone. However, it is better to have picked up a rock than to have missed a fossil!

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Yep. Just a rock, weathered into a suggestive shape. Still a cool little find, and something I may have picked up for further investigation.  

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)