What Would You Get?

Jesuslover340

For the purposes of my birthday, I would like to get a small collection of early shark teeth. They've always been sort of a neglected interest of mine, so I am finally cataloguing what we have to arrange a small display as one of the subsets of our collection. However, with that, comes a bit of conflict. I have found some select teeth available I can pirchase, but am unsure which I want to follow through with (two separate sellers). I can either:

1) Get a cladodus tooth from Illinois, Stethacanthus tooth from Oklahoma (tip broken and root not complete), and helodus tooth from Indiana (and POSSIBLY a Peripristis tooth from Kansas for an additional cost if I can swing it)

OR

2) Same Cladodus and Stethacanthus tooth as above, with a Petalodus tooth from Oklahoma and Fossil Shark Teeth of the World book. With paying extra in shipping, both lots come to about the same price.

So which would you choose? And why?

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Choose option 1

If that made you feel disappointed go with option 2, if not follow through with 1

It's a very subjective question

Personally i prefer to get complete specimens later, rather than partiel specimens straight away 

In Regards to shipping you could consolidate the shipments in the states before having them shipped abroad (I have used a site called stackry before) 

If it were me, the first one because  Peripristis looks cool in my humble opinion. The book is attractive but seems fairly general and you might as well just ask for IDs on here. But the choice is, of course, yours.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

To be quite honest, if it were me, I'd be looking for completely different teeth than you, so I guess it's up to you in the end what you decide. Never mind the cost. Just follow your instinct.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks for the input, guys. I think I have mostly worked things out except for one last thing. Rather than a peripristis tooth that isn't complete, I have the option of getting a petalodus tooth from Oklahoma. Between Peripristis or petalodus from Oklahoma, which would you choose? And if the latter, which of the two below? :headscratch:

Of course, it is up to my choosing, I understand,  but I just want to see everyone's input to better inform myself on others' perspectives, as I am quite evenly conflicted.

received_640767896529317.jpeg

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."

Peripristis in question:

received_649760762300183.jpeg