Hey everyone,

At first: my apologies that this is the only picture I have.

I am looking into buying this lot of minerals and fossils which include the fossils on the attached picture. The scorpions and the centipede however do look very fake to me. Can anyone confirm these to be fake? And what about the trilobites?

Thank you all for your time and help.

trilos.jpg

Some of these are real with rough prep I'd say but these are all definitely fake.

20200729_013730.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

At least some of these appear fake to me, and at that point I would be extremely cautious about purchasing anything else that this merchant has on offer. 

This photo is not good enough to tell really. Yes those scorpions are obvious fakes. Though that casts doubt on the trilobites as well this photo isn't sufficient. Need better lighting and closeups.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

On 7/29/2020 at 2:57 PM, Vleuver said:

Hey, these are the exact same ''fossils''. Thank you very much guys!!

Well, there's that. And there's that I've never seen or heard of scorpions or centipedes from these same deposits from any source I trust. And if one stinks, I'd be careful of the rest. Though there is a bunch of actual fossils included in your original photograph as well. I'd say the sand-dollar, orthoceras and ammonite fossils are all real, as is the brown trilobite and it's negative counterpart. This type of trilobite is just too common to be worth faking (as, I suspect, are the other fossils I mentioned as being genuine).

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

I wouldn't touch that collection with a ten-foot pole unless it's a bargain offer and you can pick out the raisins if there are any there at all.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/