Could this be a Deltadromeus tooth?

Ludwigia

I recieved this today from Strepsodus. All he could tell me was that it's from the Kemkem basin. I'm just wondering if this might be a Deltadromeus tooth and if not, then what might it be? It's 3cm. long.

R20a.thumb.jpg.5c366c057eaa7d5abe1871e3d2513831.jpg

R20b.thumb.jpg.86459a791e7717bca1c0daee64fd4382.jpg

R20c.thumb.jpg.1af2d3d51a002daab65be2be058c7d2d.jpg

R20d.thumb.jpg.f519eeadfab66e80c41753811fad2bd0.jpg

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I think this is a Carcharodontosaurid tooth. We don't know what Deltadromeus Teeth look like, since no skull has been found.

• I found this Informative 1

Agree the width at its base against its height appears to be consistent with an indeterminate Carcharodontosaurid.  

No skull for Deltadromeus has ever been found. It's not even known if Deltadromeus even had teeth at all.

No isolated teeth can be assigned to Deltadromeus at this point.

I agree with the rest that this looks like a Carcharodontosaurid tooth.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

3 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

I think this is a Carcharodontosaurid tooth. We don't know what Deltadromeus Teeth look like, since no skull has been found.

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Agree the width at its base against its height appears to be consistent with an indeterminate Carcharodontosaurid.  

2 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

No skull for Deltadromeus has ever been found. It's not even known if Deltadromeus even had teeth at all.

No isolated teeth can be assigned to Deltadromeus at this point.

I agree with the rest that this looks like a Carcharodontosaurid tooth.

1 hour ago, TyBoy said:

Nice tooth +1 Carch.

Thanks very much guys. Sounds like the vote is unanimous. It's really amazing under the above mentioned circumstances how many websites claim to be offering Deltadromeus teeth that look very similar to mine. I guess they should really all be calling them Carcharodontosaurid indet.

Very typical of a lot of dinosaur material sold from the Kem Kem.  How many dromaeosaur teeth are sold from there yet nothing has been published.  Anything sexy to help sales.    I think a narrower version of that tooth might be one but until someone finds a skull with teeth its a mystery.  

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Thanks very much guys. Sounds like the vote is unanimous. It's really amazing under the above mentioned circumstances how many websites claim to be offering Deltadromeus teeth that look very similar to mine. I guess they should really all be calling them Carcharodontosaurid indet.

You may wait till next year :) I will publish an article in the Steinkern magazine regarding the identification of Theropod teeth from KemKem with lots of pictures from my collection. It should come in the frist issue in 2021 in January. @Troodon already help me with several topics in this article while writing it.

As far as I'm aware this should be the first mayor article from an amateur for amateur collectors regarding KemKem teeth in German. Including alle the problems with Carchs, Spinos, Abelisaurids, Deltadromeus, Dromaeosaurids. 

And +1 for Carch! 

2 minutes ago, Abstraktum said:

You may wait till next year :) I will publish an article in the Steinkern magazine regarding the identification of Theropod teeth from KemKem with lots of pictures from my collection. It should come in the frist issue in 2021 in January. @Troodon already help me with several topics in this article while writing it.

As far as I'm aware this should be the first mayor article from an amateur for amateur collectors regarding KemKem teeth in German. Including alle the problems with Carchs, Spinos, Abelisaurids, Deltadromeus, Dromaeosaurids. 

And +1 for Carch! 

Very good. I'm looking forward to reading that.