Belemnite Cephalopod Art

Bob-ay

Few months back my girlfriend and I stumbled upon a nice deposit of Belemnites in a new area we were exploring, some examples better then others. We decided to make a little art piece to display in the house of the epic afternoon we had! 

Here is our Belemnite sun.

Let us know what you think! 

71664AD7-9F9C-4C89-ACFD-BADE235149B0.thumb.jpeg.6f99cb0978e0ee43348a292efa6f7f9e.jpeg8CDAAD06-828B-44C9-9967-6EF881FC804D.thumb.jpeg.3d50016a63fcacb49f168720a21fd9e4.jpeg

• I found this Informative 9

Pretty awesome. I am fond of fossil art and it is great to see some permuted from NJ fossils!

: )

That artwork is a testament to how abundant belemnites are in New Jersey's Upper Cretaceous Navesink Formation. Congratulations. Nice job!

2 hours ago, Bradley Flynn said:

I like it:dinothumb:

Thanx

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Pretty awesome. I am fond of fossil art and it is great to see some permuted from NJ fossils!

Had to get creative with this one! 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

That artwork is a testament to how abundant belemnites are in New Jersey's Upper Cretaceous Navesink Formation. Congratulations. Nice job!

We find them in a few spots, but this deposit was like nothing I have ever seen, right on top in the creek bed and bank. We took a bunch and left so many for someone else to come across!