Walton on the Naze UK: Shark tooth?

FunkyMonkey

Hi all,

can you please help me as I’m in two minds about this as it looks for all the world like a rose thorn but ‘feels’ the same as the sharks teeth we find here in the beach. We usually find sand shark in abundance but this doesn’t look like any of the teeth I have found before. What do you think? 
it would have been from the London Clay beds if it is a tooth. 
thank you!

PS the dimension on the tape measure shows it to be approx 1cm in length. 

7C9F9F7E-3256-4038-861C-462924F69C7A.jpeg

C94F5F9D-2869-4CD6-8077-EA93BB4857DC.jpeg

8F8EDE21-DE5B-4BAE-A6CD-047544777174.jpeg

Appears to be a modern thorn from a plant, perhaps a rose.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks @WhodamanHD this was my initial thought but I wanted a second opinion before throwing it in the bin. Just seemed a little too inflexible to be a pesky thorn ;) Leason learned

• I found this Informative 1

If I remember correctly, it was a similar topic, maybe a year ago, ore more... can't remember exactly... :)

I would agree with the one who gived the first response.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, FunkyMonkey said:

Thanks @WhodamanHD this was my initial thought but I wanted a second opinion before throwing it in the bin. Just seemed a little too inflexible to be a pesky thorn ;) Leason learned

Ah, I missed that in the original post. I’m an impatient reader at times :)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason