Hello! Last time I was here I posted about 50 pieces of barnacle which I thought were teeth. Good news is, this time I actually have teeth!

I sent these in to another fossil ID place, and they identified a few of my teeth as possible lemon shark, and the 8th from the left as a possible C. hastalis. If anyone can help identify more specifically what sharks the teeth came from I'd really appreciate it!! Also, the big brown fragment on the far right in these pictures they identified as some kind of bone fragment- maybe it's a long shot but do any of you know what it could have come from??? I'm really curious about that one now. (Ignore the second and third from the right. They aren't interesting.)

I can post more pics if needed. 

20200803_192229.jpg

20200803_192156.jpg

Edited by Tyrannosaurus-wreck

Yes, #4 through 9 are shark teeth.  #3 is a crab claw.  #5 and #6 look like Lemon Shark (Negaprion) teeth to me.  #1 is bone, but sadly I doubt it's identifiable beyond that (experienced collectors sometimes call these unidentifiable bone fragments "chunkosaurs".)  

teeth.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

13 hours ago, Parthicus said:

Yes, #4 through 9 are shark teeth.  #3 is a crab claw.  #5 and #6 look like Lemon Shark (Negaprion) teeth to me.  #1 is bone, but sadly I doubt it's identifiable beyond that (experienced collectors sometimes call these unidentifiable bone fragments "chunkosaurs".)  

teeth.jpg

Thanks for the response!! At least now I can call #1 chunkosaur instead of just fragment :)

Edited by Tyrannosaurus-wreck

I don't think #8 is a tooth. 

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

The bone may be a “tilly bone” (an enlarged and deformed fish bone). I found some recently and had them ID’ed here—see if yours looks like any of the ones I posted in this thread (there are some links there to more info on tilly bones as well):

• I found this Informative 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:55 PM, bthemoose said:

The bone may be a “tilly bone” (an enlarged and deformed fish bone). I found some recently and had them ID’ed here—see if yours looks like any of the ones I posted in this thread (there are some links there to more info on tilly bones as well):

Thanks!! This was really interesting, I didn't know about tilly bones before- mine does look similar to one of the bones in the picture in that thread, so it could be!