Emthegem

Im glad you developed an eye for finding the nice goodies. 

Also you are fortunate you extracted the Endoceras well. In my experience those in wet shale just crumble apart the moment I try to pry the surrounding shale to the point I just skip collecting shale Endoceras all together. Unless the Endoceras is all in one piece from the surrounding shale then I take it. 

Keep having fun and please keep sharing.

-J.E.

• I found this Informative 1

Also the fact you are digging just to find nice specimens shows that a severe and cold winter is useful to expose and erode away rock. Back in 2015 (really COLD winter that year) I didnt have to do a lot of digging to find nice specimens: most got exposed after the ice melted and the rivers/creeks gushed the banks. 

Nice finds EM. I'd say it's your best haul yet! A nice variety, and those nautiloids are impressive! 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

By the way Em, that complete Treptoceras you found in the shale should not be missing the body chamber if you want it complete. The body chamber accounts 25% of the fossil’s length and mature Treptoceras crebiseptum specimens are usually at 40 cm long.

If I were you I’d go back and retrieve the body chamber.