Kem Kem crocodile jaw

FF7_Yuffie

I won this a week or so ago on an auction. It was sold as undescribed pseudosuchia with a description "dog-faced crocodile". 2.33 inches long. From Ifzounane Formation, Kem Kem Basin. Description says it has been analyzed by experts as a new species.  Nothing comes up for "dog-faced crocodile" other than this very fossil.

Anyway, I meant to post it up here to get looked at but forgot about it until now.  Anyway, here's some photos. If anyone has any ideas what it could be from, that be great :) It also came with a pair of nifty X-Ray type photos.

11.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

newsest.jpg

I also saw this and didn't know what a dog-faced crocodile was either. Perhaps one of the weird crocs from Notosuchia?

• I found this Informative 1

16 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Agree looks like s type of Notosuchia Crocodyliform similar to Araripesuchus

Nice. I just had a google of notosuchia and Araripesuchus--first of all, they look very cool species, so I'd be pleased if it's from one of them. 

They seem quite buck-toothed though, looking at pictures of their jaws online, with even the teeth at the back sticking out quite a bit. Would that mean that tooth in mine is just growing through,? Or would it have been forced further in during fossilisation?

It has ziphodont tooth... (thin blade-like with serrations)... I don't know if any notosuchians have ziphodont dentition.  The ones I am familiar with do not, but I do not know them all.  Thoughts?

56 minutes ago, jpc said:

It has ziphodont tooth... (thin blade-like with serrations)... I don't know if any notosuchians have ziphodont dentition.  The ones I am familiar with do not, but I do not know them all.  Thoughts?

Here is an image of an Araripesuchus tooth 

Screenshot_20200804-110247.thumb.jpg.ea92aa6176aa30122d29866e9d3e25fd.jpg

Ah so you were the one that beat me! glad it's going to a good home! 

• I found this Informative 1

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff: