Kem Kem pterosaur beak. Alanqa?

Dinocollector

Nice piece, but we'll need to see the shape of the posterior (broken off) side to determine which toothless pterosaur this is. 

Definitely looks like a toothless pterosaur jaw tip. But there seem to be several different species of toothless pterosaurs in the Kem Kem. So it's hard to tell which species it is. I will say that the robustness of the jaw does seem to match up with Alanqa.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

3 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

Nice piece, but we'll need to see the shape of the posterior (broken off) side to determine which toothless pterosaur this is. 

I will take more photos when I return home.

thanks!

3 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

Definitely looks like a toothless pterosaur jaw tip. But there seem to be several different species of toothless pterosaurs in the Kem Kem. So it's hard to tell which species it is. I will say that the robustness of the jaw does seem to match up with Alanqa.

So probably my id It’s correct... Can you see any restoration? This piece It’s rare? 
Thank you!

Ibrahim's 2020 paper on the fauna of the KK group points to a number of undescribed rostral fragments.  So trying to assign a genus name may not be the proper action with several similar species and unknows.  Might be better to assign it to a family name.

Screenshot_20200805-090827.thumb.jpg.17b06551cd2360ba4eae230e0f97c2f1.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-090754.jpg.adc605b68e95449b6368688790fa264d.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

Ibrahim's 2020 paper on the fauna of the KK group points to a number of undescribed rostral fragments.  So trying to assign a genus name may not be the proper action with several similar species and unknows.  Might be better to assign it to a family name.

Screenshot_20200805-090827.thumb.jpg.17b06551cd2360ba4eae230e0f97c2f1.jpg  Screenshot_20200805-090754.jpg.adc605b68e95449b6368688790fa264d.jpg

Very interesting information... it seems like the first group... What it’s the name of this group?

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

He describes it in the description as Azhdarchoid 

Thank you! Interesting!