Edaphosaur

Hi,

My name is Max.  I live in Philadelphia and frequently (but not often enough) collect in NJ in Monmouth County with occasional trips to MD, TX and TN.  I work as a nurse practitioner in an infectious diseases practice and specialize in HIV care.  

I have a particular fondness for ordovician fossils, but am honestly down for just about any fossil-hunting that involves walking up creeks.   

I've loved finding fossils since childhood (my dad was an avid artifact-finder, and I discovered fossils along the way...  that was in Central Texas and fossils were everywhere).  I joined the Delaware Valley Paleontological Society about 5 years ago, attend meetings whenever possible, but due to my work and dad life don't get to participate nearly as much as I'd like-- I'm a DVPS wallflower haha.  I probably won't post very often, but I am deeply appreciative of the wealth of knowledge available on this forum and the willingness people have to share their knowledge.

-Max

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hello Max and a warm welcome to TFF from another Cent. Tx. fossil hunter.  I'd love to get up to your current locale and hunt some Penn. plant mt.  Do you ever hunt for Penn. plants?

Welcome from Illinois, USA.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Hello and welcome from a fellow Ordovician lover! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Hi and welcome from Southeastern New York. Ohio Valley definitely has some killer Ordovician. Heading out that way again next month.