Crinoid, coral, plant or geological formation?

VStergios

Found these formations on the limestone of the southernmost shores of Alonissos, Greece (below the aptly named camping Rocks). I took some shots of the formations and collected pebbles from a nearby cove bearing the same characteristics. Any suggestions regarding their origin would be much appreciated, especially since there is little documentation on the island geology (according to the only geological map I could find these are neogene formations, yet there are certain geologists who, after visiting the island, suggest this could be a generalisation). 

IMG_20200730_140353s.jpg

IMG_20200730_140429_1s.jpg

Here is a paper on the island’s geology. Can you point out on the map where you found the fossils? 

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/902e/37668a3da4a1693553180d8ca8f488e84147.pdf

243FF20B-0DF9-415D-97A9-6F98A4B2564C.png

A67454C4-9932-4248-8AB1-FB3F8E2B71C9.jpeg

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

This is a more detailed shot of one of the stones. The circular/oval shapes show banding - could they be rudists (radiolitids ie)?

alonissos_s.jpg

51 minutes ago, VStergios said:

This is a more detailed shot of one of the stones. The circular/oval shapes show banding - could they be rudists (radiolitids ie)?

alonissos_s.jpg

Maybe... I'm not sure... 

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library