First Trip in 30 years:)

OregonFossil

So after a 30 year lull, my wife and I decided to do a fossil trip to "get out". She had never been. I had 12 hours of college geology and have done a lot of Devonian and Silurian digs (gave my collection to a friend who made a fireplace cover out of them in his home when I moved). I picked a location near the town of Timber, Oregon which has a nice Keasey Formation outcrop. But it is a dangerous climb so we settled for looking through the talus. My wife was very excited to find her first fossils:).

Here are a couple of images. First is a cast and either a mold or the actual shell, second is a comparison of the different sediments we found, and third is one with a mm ruler for scale. Back in the game for sure, even ordered some cleaning tools and a mason hammer (have a pick hammer) but needed something with a wide end and lighter for my wife to use. Will have two other images in the ID second not sure what they are, perhaps a brittle star and then either a tooth or something else.

Feels good to say "I'm a digger" again:)

castmold.jpg

SedComp.jpg

Size.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

A warm welcome to TFF to both of you from Austin, Tx.  Mr. Oregon Fossil it's nice to see you once again enjoying the hobby after your "brief" hiatus.  Mrs. Oregon Fossil, it's good to hear that you enjoyed your first venture.  Be careful though; this can be a wonderfully addictive hobby as you will learn as you find more treasures.

Again, welcome to you both.