BellamyBlake

I have here a tooth that a seller claims is from a French Meg. It's 2" in length. This is a reputable seller, but my concern is that I don't see a bourlette. Everything else adds up for me and that's the only concern I have. Does anyone else doubt that this is a Meg?

Thank you,

Bellamy

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Everything about this tooth screams Megalodon. I share your dilemma on the lack of a bourlette. But every once in a while , the bourlette is minimal and I believe that to be the case here.

TwoInchMegFeb28th.thumb.jpg.2cd8ee89d18939f55491a1660599633e.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

47 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Everything about this tooth screams Megalodon. I share your dilemma on the lack of a bourlette. But every once in a while , the bourlette is minimal and I believe that to be the case here.

TwoInchMegFeb28th.thumb.jpg.2cd8ee89d18939f55491a1660599633e.jpg

Haha thank you. Just wanted another pair of eyes on this and I'm happy someone experienced believes it's a Meg. 

Definitely a meg. Bourlette isn’t everything!

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason