This one is kind of artsy

RetiredLawyer

The footprint in the lower right is chirotherium. The straight line looks to be a tail drag. The squiggly lines are mud cracks I assume. 44D11A7D-1D9D-46B9-90FE-E532E0D617AC.thumb.jpeg.09abd7eadb9f9bd939bee9ee8226c867.jpeg

• I found this Informative 9

8 hours ago, RetiredLawyer said:

The footprint in the lower right is chirotherium. The straight line looks to be a tail drag. The squiggly lines are mud cracks I assume. 44D11A7D-1D9D-46B9-90FE-E532E0D617AC.thumb.jpeg.09abd7eadb9f9bd939bee9ee8226c867.jpeg

That is a museum piece.

Have you found both halves of any trackways yet, top and bottom?

Do you have any tracks that Spencer Lucas has given an ID on that you can show us?

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

5 hours ago, DPS Ammonite said:

That is a museum piece.

Have you found both halves of any trackways yet, top and bottom?

Do you have any tracks that Spencer Lucas has given an ID on that you can show us?

Have not found any top and bottom pieces. These are all coming out of the dry stream bed so they are all jumbled up. I’m still digging to try to find the original layer in place along there. Spencer verified the Chirotherium and Rotodactylus prints but other than that not much. He will be trying to make a trip out here once the virus situation improves. 

• I found this Informative 4

Can tracks be entered into Fossil of the Month? I hope so and and also hope to see your find there!!! 

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

Can tracks be entered into Fossil of the Month? I hope so and and also hope to see your find there!!! 

Mike

Doesn’t seem like it fits the criteria. I’m glad I can share it here though. 

Trace fossils of a vertebrate critter are valid ichnofossils and I see no reason why it cannot be entered into the FOTM contest. It will compete against other vertebrate finds so if someone is finishing the prep of that articulated T-rex you might have some solid competition to contend with. :P

The FOTM contest is meant to be a friendly competition and more importantly a place to gather some great finds each month. We like diversity in the entries to show the scope of what our members are finding each month. You can enter up to 4 images though with a trackway the other side of the piece will not show anything worthy of an additional image. Close-ups of interesting parts of the trackway would be useful though.

Cheers.

-Ken

1 hour ago, RetiredLawyer said:

Doesn’t seem like it fits the criteria. I’m glad I can share it here though. 

As @digit mentioned, tracks can be valid entries as long as all the other contest criteria are satisfied.  Send us a PM if you have any questions.  

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ